Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sribe Post for October 13, 2009

Hello today I will be talking to you about what we are doing in Enriched Math class.

The class, if you don't already know is divided into two groups. One group is learning how to build robotics and the other group is doing research to try and find out about math in there ancient civilization.

The group that I am in is the one where we do research, the civilization I have chosen to do my research on is the Indians.

Now I will tell you some facts about Indian Mathematics.

  • Indian Mathematics emerged in South Asia from Ancient times until the end of the 18th Century
  • During the Classical Period of Indian Mathematics, which was 400 AD to 1200 AD important contributions were mad by Aryabhata, Brahmagupta and Bhaskara the second.
Thank you for taking your time to reading my scribe and I hope you learned something about Indian Mathematics.

Please comment

No comments:

Post a Comment